Wednesday 22 July 2015

Honestly, I'm not ranting

Right now I feel like having a bit of a rant but there’s no reason for me to dump that on you.  What I want to talk about is what does ranting achieve?  Does it really make you feel better to unload on the innocent or is it better to have the confrontation and get it over and done with?

They say it’s good to talk but do we sometimes talk to the wrong person to get it off our chest, or is it better to point out the to person concerned their irresponsible behaviour? 

It has to be the latter I’m sure but why are we so often afraid to hold back when it can be resolved quickly and better for both parties? 

I think there’s going to be a lot of unanswered questions in this as I probably don’t have answers.

Maybe I do have an answer but it’s a guess; we don’t want to make a fuss.  The situation is bad enough that we want to have a rant, it’s annoyed us and any reaction at the wrong time will make things worse.

Today I bit my lip.  I will be resolving it professionally, and courteously.  It will be interesting to see if they do the same. 

No comments:

Post a Comment